03 Mar 2017
The Art of Sensual Massage
How to Give a Great Sensual Massage
With the holidays coming, it would be a great gift to give to your lover. Who wouldn’t enjoy a relaxing massage on any special occasion, (or any time really)? Through sensual touch and intimacy, we can communicate more effectively and build trust by learning and exploring each other’s bodies. When it comes to the art of sensual massage, it is all about setting the mood, preparation and helping your partner feel good. Here are some tips and techniques for hitting all the right spots and how to give a great sensual (or tantric) massage.
Preparing for a Massage
- Clean and groom yourself. To make the experience as sensual as possible, both of you should feel comfortable, clean, and fresh. Bathe and groom yourself, paying particular attention to your hands and fingernails. Your fingers should be clean and clipped before you give a sensual massage.
- Draw a warm bath or take a shower together. Add bath salts or bath oil to to the water for aromatherapy benefits and moisturize skin. Bathing or showering at the same time can be a great way to initiate intimacy. Use our vibrating loofa or sponge to clean and invigorate all those intimate parts.
- Note: It can also be fun to start with a massage and then, after things get oily, to hop in the tub afterward and clean off some of that oil.
Set the Mood
When using tantric massage techniques create a soft, sensual, and soothing atmosphere. The goal is to create a tranquil atmosphere so that the receiver of the tantric massage can feel totally relax, enjoy the moment, and feel stress and anxiety floating away.
- Lessen distractions. Unplug the phone, turn off the TV and put on some romantic, low volume music.
- Dim the lights or turn them off completely. Light candles for a soft glow. We recommend using a massage candle. Light the candles for 10-15 minutes and it will create a warm massage oil that you can use later.
- Make sure the room is warm: You want your lover to chill out, not freeze.
- Setting up a comfortable area. Set up a massage workspace by covering your mattress with towels – so the massage oil doesn’t ruin your sheets.
Familiarizing with the Hot Spots
An erogenous zone is an area of the human body that has heightened sensitivity, the stimulation of which may generate a sexual response, such as relaxation, the production of sexual fantasies, sexual arousal and orgasm. Erogenous zones are located all over the human body, but the sensitivity of each varies, and depends on concentrations of nerve endings that can provide pleasurable sensations when stimulated.
The touching of another person’s erogenous zone is regarded as an act of physical intimacy. Some people may resent stimulation in this manner while others may find it pleasing, and this may also depend on the relationship between the people. Erogenous zones may be classified by the type of sexual response that they generate. Without spending too much time covering the erogenous zones of the body, you should read up erogenous zones for both men and women (from our friends at Lelo).
- Take your time. Remember that being patient with your partner is key to helping them relax. It doesn’t really matter where you put your hands as long as you are connecting with your partner.
- The most sensitive body parts are: Head and neck, ears, sides of the body from armpits to hips, inner thighs, fingers and toes, and, of course, genitals. These are the most tense areas of the body and once they are caressed and loosened the rest will come naturally.
- Use flavored oils or sensitizing products to heighten pleasure. Apply sensitizing products or flavored oils to an erogenous zone, lightly blow on the area to experience the gentle warming sensation, or allow your partner to kiss (or lick!) the product off your skin.
- Don’t apply too much pressure. Sensual massages are not a deep tissue massage. They are soft and sensual.
Oils often used for sensual massages include:
- Lavender oil – for relaxation
- Ylang ylang oil – a purported aphrodisiac
- Patchouli oil – earthy, musky, helps focus
- Jasmine oil – another purported aphrodisiac
- Sandalwood oil – for improved libido
- Cardamom oil – increases intimacy
- Juniper oil – promotes self-assurance
- Ginger oil – spicy and hot, just like your romance
- Rose oil – for romance
Romantic massages are more intimate and sensual than the average massage and can really set the scene for a special, relaxing and totally couple-focused time together. Having some basic knowledge of massage and a willingness to experiment. Enhance your loving relationship through touch with the suggestions provided here that turn a regular rub-down into a romantic massage. Get everything you need to get started with your romantic massage with the Kama Sutra Travel Purse.
- The start. When you start a sensual massage have the receiver lying naked on their belly. Begin with soft and gentle strokes at the neck and shoulder area. Use your fingertips and nails to really dig in there at the scalp and extend long strokes to the shoulder area. Concentrating on the base of the neck and where the shoulders come together.
- Warm your hands by rubbing them together. Place them on your partner – one hand on the upper back, one hand on the lower. Leave your hands there for a long moment. Rub your hands up and down your lover’s whole backside.
- Continue onto the legs. Be sure to cover both front and back sides with sensual strokes. Slowly make your way up your partner’s body using soft strokes and circular motions.
- The middle. Once the backside is massaged, have the receiver roll over onto their backs. Massage the arms and hands. Pay special attention to the hands. Use your thumbs to massage the palms of your honey’s hands. Lock fingers and rotate his wrists.
- Front and torso area. Take care massaging the abdomen. Press deeply, but not so much that it hurts. Ask if what you’re doing feels good.
- Work your way down to the feet. Pay special attention to the toes and balls of feet. Separately massage each of your lover’s toes, the ball of the foot, the arch, and then the heel.
- Don’t neglect the chest. Once you have caressed all other parts of the body begin massaging the chest or breasts in a slow and natural way. Knead the fleshy parts, and use your fingertips to massage the nipples. Remember to use a light touch or try our dusting powder with the feather applicator!
- The happy ending. The Genitals – If you’re going erotic, go all the way. Continue caressing your lover using the signals he or she provides you in their response to your touch.